Wednesday, 5 December 2012

John Gabriel Harrison | Kris Van Assche


This is how I want to be dressing right now.  Simple, chic, elegant, effortless.  The kind of adjectives Vogue inexplicably likes to prefix "Alexa Chung" with, but which more appropriately apply to this AW collection by CSM graduate John Gabriel Harrison.  I'm not sure where he is or what he's doing right now (his site just has one of those annoying email pop-ups for the Contact page) but I need the clean lines of a black tunic top layered over the perfect pair of evening trousers for the much-fĂȘted party season.  And the soft billow on that coat!  If I could be any gayer I might 'I DIE' all over this collection. 



The refined take on basics in neutral colours is also reminding me of Kris Van Assche's Spring collection (still forcing myself to capitalise those pesky Belgian vans), which I've just discovered is up for pre-order on LuisaViaRoma.  I'm sorely tempted by the layered t-shirt/shirt hybrid (which in my twisted world seems like a steal at under £200) but in the end Givenchy pre-ordering had to come first and my pre-Christmas shopping budget doesn't stretch to two pieces.


Runway photos from Style.com, close-ups by Catwalking

Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment