Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Badge of honour | Walter Van Beirendonck


When I was young and naive I wore those Westwood diamanté-encrusted brooches, the glittery orbs in the most unnatural colours known to man.  After several years without embellishment, now I think it's time to bring to back the badge.  Walter VB's AW collection, with its bizarre and frightening mix of sexual punk and candy coloured naïveté, has a selection of beaded bracelets, necklaces and brooches that I just couldn't resist.  Like tribal totems or amulets, they seem both sinister and protective, and I'm keeping one attached to the bag by my side right now.  I just don't know if I'm going to need more...



Patchwork jumper by Production Artisanale, bag by Ann Demeulemeester, beaded brooch by Walter Van Beirendonck.  Runway photos from Style.com.  

Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment